Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Digital Technology Summary

Well the last few months have been an interesting journey. I have researched many apps and websites. There are so many more to learn about. I would like to summarize what I have learned these last few months.

Some of my favorite apps and websites are the social media sites. These are helpful in sharing information. This is beneficial because this is where the students reside most of the time. In addition I love youtube. There is so much information on youtube. Need help with something go to youtube. This is great for students who need help with homework. QR codes are great for the classroom as they allow the students to get to sites quickly without fumbling through URLs and what not. I was interested in the blog readers as I was not aware of those before. They save so much time. I loved podcasts. This is a great way to give directions to students. Especially when students are on different levels and different assignments. The comic strips were also fun. There are so many applications there. The screen casts are beneficial but not my favorite but not necessary the worst either. They have a purpose to share directions with staff and students.

I was not so impressed with the online book communities. I can connect with other readers on Facebook. Those communities do have other things to offer but I just try to balance my digital and real world time. They were fun and interesting. I was not to fond of Instagram and Vine either. They seem like just another social media site to keep up with. However, they are important because again that is where the kids are.

All in all, the sites and apps I experimented with are good apps and have a real purpose. The trick is for each person to determine how they can best use each app or website to support and enhance the curriculum.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your thoughts! It's time to change up the course, and your feedback is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vine wasn't my favorite either. I agree -using all this new technology that I hadn't yet tried was a great learning experience. Some I will most likely use and others I won't due to difficulty of use, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up deleted the Vine app off my phone. People I didn't know started to follow me and some of the video were bordering along the lines of inappropriate (in my opinion). I probably won't use this in my curriculum.

    ReplyDelete